Padel is the emerging sport of recent years and, to be fully practiced and appreciated, is essential to realize a court that meets all the criteria of current legislation and guarantees the player to concentrate only on the match. Field lighting, whether artificial or natural, is essential and must meet the following needs:
Uniformity: it is essential to recreate a uniform beam of light, in order to guarantee the maximum possible visibility for players, referees and spectators.
Visual comfort: it is necessary to ensure quality lighting and eliminate the phenomena of light glare.
Padel, unlike tennis, requires from the European Union’s UNI EN 12193:2019-“Lighting of sports facilities” regulation, minimum lighting levels:
For outdoor padel courts:
For national or international competitions, the horizontal illumination should be 500 lux with uniformity E min/E med of 0,7.
For local competitions, training, school competitions or recreational use, horizontal illumination should be 200 lux with uniformity E min/E med of 0,5.
For indoor padel courts:
For national or international competitions, the horizontal illumination should be 750 lux with uniformity E min/E med of 0,7.
For local competitions, training, school competitions or recreational use, horizontal illumination should be 300 lux with uniformity E min/E med of 0,5.
How to improve the gaming experience?
Encouraging players into facilities that allow them to play both in the evening and during the day by offering:
- LED lighting that guarantees high energy efficiency;
- efficient structures for management and maintenance costs;
- well-lit and more attractive playing fields;
- excellent color rendering and visual comfort for players;
- protect the safety of the players and preserve the structure from ill-intentioned people and vandalism during the night.
Advantages of LED lighting
- Energy savings of 70% compared to other types of lighting;
- greater quantity and quality of light on the playground;
- uniform lighting;
- instant on;
- resistance to humidity;
- reduced maintenance costs;
- less heat emission;
- less contamination.
Creating the correct lighting in a padel court is not so simple, but by respecting the current legislation it is possible to obtain lighting of the highest quality without investing large resources.